PDA

View Full Version : RT 20DMF Update

Billy
12-06-2011, 11:53 AM
While IWM and QQQ are dipping to daily S1, the RT 20 DMF is neutral with bullish divergences.
Billy

davidallison@gmail.com
12-06-2011, 12:19 PM
Blly, Thank you for the intra day update. I'm having trouble seeing the bullish divergence you mention. From my novice point of view, it appears the RT 20 dmf follows the price action of IWM very closely. Divergences have always been a bit of a mistery to me. Just wondering if you could help me see the light? :-) Dave

Billy
12-06-2011, 12:23 PM
Blly, Thank you for the intra day update. I'm having trouble seeing the bullish divergence you mention. From my novice point of view, it appears the RT 20 dmf follows the price action of IWM very closely. Divergences have always been a bit of a mistery to me. Just wondering if you could help me see the light? :-) Dave

Look at the higher lows of the indicator vs. lower lows of IWM

Large players are buying at S1.
Billy

Billy
12-06-2011, 01:24 PM
I like this RT technology!
Billy

sesorensen
12-06-2011, 01:55 PM
I like this RT technology!
Billy

Billy,
Sure, it looks extraordinary fascinating. Have you and Pascal discussed on how to present this new technology? What actually can we use this tool for real time? Would it be just trial and error as we go along exploring a new tool? would it primarily be to exploit more advantaged entry exit trades? would you guide us in applying day trading using the tool?, etc. Just curious. best Sorensen.

nickola.pazderic
12-06-2011, 01:59 PM

Three possibilities: If this trend line holds, we might see another pop today. Should it fail, the hawkers may (try to) take control. And yet, the price might stabilize here: where TOS puts IWM at the DPP.

All (this analysis) is much more easy and smooth under the sure hands of Pascal and Billy, who have published very precise and useful notes today. Thanks....

Billy
12-06-2011, 02:12 PM
Billy,
Sure, it looks extraordinary fascinating. Have you and Pascal discussed on how to present this new technology? What actually can we use this tool for real time? Would it be just trial and error as we go along exploring a new tool? would it primarily be to exploit more advantaged entry exit trades? would you guide us in applying day trading using the tool?, etc. Just curious. best Sorensen.

The ultimate objective is to develop a RT robot. We now have the capability of backtesting intraday patterns and behaviors of the RT 20DMF in relationship with risk-adjusted returns.
It will take zillions of computations by Pascal to achieve that, but be assured that he will achieve it! In the meantime, trial-and-error plus a lot of common sense should help us improve our discretionary trades. Pascal and I will provide guidelines as we progress but we hope for observations and creative feedback by members once the new tool is online.
Billy

Billy
12-06-2011, 02:25 PM

Three possibilities: If this trend line holds, we might see another pop today. Should it fail, the hawkers may (try to) take control. And yet, the price might stabilize here: where TOS puts IWM at the DPP.

All (this analysis) is much more easy and smooth under the sure hands of Pascal and Billy, who have published very precise and useful notes today. Thanks....

Nickola,
I am now operating under the assumption that this market has morphed from erratic into more predictable long term accumulation by large players. If they are in the middle of their accumulation programs as stage analysis suggests, they should close each day around intraday VWAP at worst with some porosity tolerance of course.
I think that using such short term intraday support trendline as yours is focusing on noise and risking to let you miss the next big up moves in this transitioning market structure.
Billy

nickola.pazderic
12-06-2011, 02:30 PM
As I was producing that chart, I had a general feeling of unease, as though much ado about nothing.

I appreciate your feed back greatly. You've given me words to express why I was wrong.

lulzasaur
12-06-2011, 05:23 PM
Billy,

In the last 30 minutes of trading there was a sell-off. Did this change the picture on the 20DMF?

Thanks

Billy
12-07-2011, 01:12 AM
Billy,

In the last 30 minutes of trading there was a sell-off. Did this change the picture on the 20DMF?

Thanks

Yes and it is objectively concerning if taken in isolation. It was a potential short term reversal warning. Within a longer term perspective, what matters is that the 20 DMF is weaker but still far from issuing a sell signal. Also, as I said to Nickola, we should expect IWM closing at intraday VWAP (74.70) at worst to confirm that buy programs are still switched on and IWM did just that.
Billy