PDA

View Full Version : Forum Proposal for Billy.

Charl
11-11-2011, 03:32 AM
The "best" trades are executed in our own private world, I believe that Post-trade-analysis and journal review is the best learning tool available to a trader. One problem...Nobody can give you this tool, you have to have the discipline to record, and journal every trade and then, have even more discipline to review your own trades on a regular cycle. (We've all experienced the emotions of perfect 20/20 vision a few weeks later).

During this current "trading-downtime" spell, I thought it appropriate to focus my attention to do post-trade- analysis of my 2011 trades. My goodness …what a powerful learning tool this has become, especially going back to the beginning of the year and now seeing the market behavior after the trade was closed !

With this in mind I would like to propose to Billy that we have a "sticky" on his Algo & Multi-Pivots Forum were members can post their “best” trades reflecting back into the past year . These trade posts could become discussion with some of the other traders and members, asking question and give educational comments on these posts? ??- Wow - what a tool for personal development and trader education is what I'm thinking here ??

To me, a trade is a very very personal affair, but In this way I'm prepared to open my journal to you, as the trade share will only be available fellow Algo & Multi-Pivots Forum members - who I know are serious traders. I think this could become a very unique educational tool for all forum members and will certainly add more value for the forum subscribers.

Billy , this is what I propose:

Objective of the initiative:
A shared Learning tool only available to this forum for personal development and paying forum members development in:

a. Trading psychology.
b. Self-awareness.
c. Trading plan execution.
d. Cultivate trading discipline, developing Traders mindset – thinking in probabilities.
e. How to use Multi- time-frame pivots in trading decisions.

Trade post details:
Success criteria is not the $ amount made on the trade, or the trade being successful – rather the ability to follow the system, to follow the trading plan and execute the trade flawlessly.

Trade postings to contain the following info:

1. Must be Mutli time-Frame Pivots based.
2. Discretionary trade or robot trade.
3. Any vehicle (stock or ETF)
4. Trading plan, entry/exit and thoughts on those levels.
5. Psychology journal entries (optional)
6. Lesson learnt from this trade.

Comments on posts:
Comments and questions can be submitted on the forum or via private message. The poster is under no obligation to answer any question, but can do so on the forum or via private message. The poster can at own discretion post private messages received, if the content will benefit the forum members.

Charl

Billy
11-11-2011, 06:55 AM
Charl,
I see no problem with your excellent initiative. It was already practiced by some other members like Nickola. There is no need to create a « sticky » thread for your purpose nor to impose restrictive rules for posting. Everyone is free to write a debriefing and to share lessons learned from past trades.
We are eager to read your trading journal and you are most welcome to post it at your best convenience.
Thank you for your creative enthusiasm,
Billy

Charl
11-11-2011, 08:54 AM
Charl,
I see no problem with your excellent initiative. It was already practiced by some other members like Nickola. There is no need to create a « sticky » thread for your purpose nor to impose restrictive rules for posting. Everyone is free to write a debriefing and to share lessons learned from past trades.
We are eager to read your trading journal and you are most welcome to post it at your best convenience.
Thank you for your creative enthusiasm,
Billy

Ok, will look for the existing thread from Nickola, no need to reproduce if this is already in place.

Cheers
Charl