PDA

View Full Version : Boring and Artificial - November 8,2011

Billy
11-08-2011, 06:10 AM

The title says it all. I am frankly short of new comments and ideas. I just don’t “feel” this kind of market activity. It is certainly not behaving normally. There was no rush to buy at logical support on the lowest volume day since July. Kind of like an exhausted army ready to retreat on the first alert, but pushed in the back and forced to advance by the QE liquidity incentives.

The robots are still neutral, while the multi-pivot buying and selling pressures are slightly net bullish for IWM and very bullish fo GDX. Now that WPP (73.67) has been successfully tested but without much enthusiasm, let’s watch if the intra-week scenario presented yesterday pans out into profit–taking at WR1 (76.37).
It will be so predictable and boring that I don’t even think I’ll be watching and will probably take the day off.
At this stage, the only clever thing to do is to wait for strong edges.
Billy

buzzman
11-08-2011, 08:47 AM
Good Morning Billy,
Is there software or a program that calculates the clusters quickly and easily or is it just "dig it out". A program would be very useful for stocks other than IWM and GDX to supplement the typical Pivot Points indicators.
Have a good day off.
thx, bz

Billy
11-08-2011, 10:17 AM
Good Morning Billy,
Is there software or a program that calculates the clusters quickly and easily or is it just "dig it out". A program would be very useful for stocks other than IWM and GDX to supplement the typical Pivot Points indicators.
Have a good day off.
thx, bz

Sure, we have our own proprietary software and it can use any ticker.
Billy

buzzman
11-08-2011, 10:24 AM
Do you know of anything commercially available for just the various pivot points? bz

Billy
11-08-2011, 01:38 PM
Do you know of anything commercially available for just the various pivot points? bz

Buzz, it's free from Maxime and you already asked:
http://www.effectivevolume.com/showthread.php?3865-Pivots-Software&highlight=pivot+software

Andrei
11-08-2011, 02:36 PM
Billy,

Do you think we can go to SPX 1350s without Robot generating buy signal? It's probably impossible to know now what the statistics will be, but you can shed some light on probable outcomes if you want.

Thanks.

buzzman
11-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Thank you and forgive me, but at 75 i forget a lot. Bz

Billy
11-08-2011, 03:37 PM
Billy,

Do you think we can go to SPX 1350s without Robot generating buy signal? It's probably impossible to know now what the statistics will be, but you can shed some light on probable outcomes if you want.

Thanks.

Andrei,
Yes, it could very well drift and seesaw higher to old highs, pushed by worldwide QE and defying all robot statistics. We might see a rare scenario of the robot signals underperforming the 20 DMF signals.
The US market is the safest place to invest currently and it helps on the bidding side. But I think a pan-European political crisis is now emerging out of the monetary crisis and panic selling could trigger at any moment. The next step is a new European monetary system and uncertainty will prevail for a long time before a final agreement can be reached.
There is no clear setup or edge. As Ivan Hoff wrote today: “Our job is to make money, not to trade.” If one makes money being long and targeting SP 500 at 1350, it will be pure luck IMHO, not the result of a sound trading plan.
Billy