PDA

View Full Version : Twitter ?

manucastle
10-08-2011, 06:12 AM
Thinking about this overnight I feel that the Effective Volume community is losing something if observation and chat goes offsite.

Also, some risk of paid content here getting into the public domain ?

Twitter is just instant messaging and as far as I am concerned the EV site gives me instant messaging. Not quite as practical as Twitter but good enough for Jazz.

Couldn't we just have a separate forum for Day- trading where we can go too when we have the need to get instant feedback on the market and traders actions. ? People who do not have the time or inclination to read it do not need to subscribe to the forum. Instant e-mails of these posts is not difficult with the sites current technology surely for alerts on new posts ?

I get hundreds of Tweets through the day and sorting through for Tweets from EV is not easy.

Keeping this all within the EV domain seems important do you not think ?

Just my 2c

Trev

dwn
10-08-2011, 06:48 AM
Trev,

I am in complete agreement.

Dan

grems8544
10-08-2011, 07:37 AM
I see the point and agree to some extent. The issue is not black and white, unfortunately.

As an experiment, we can see how it unfolds. I think it will be far more useful than "chatting" within a forum, but again, that's my own expectation and possibly one not shared by the group.

Ultimately, it's up to Pascal. This is his universe, and we ask to be part of it. If he asks that we not use such a service then the plug is pulled with the click of a mouse ...

Regards,

pgd

manucastle
10-08-2011, 07:55 AM
I have been a full time investor for 21 years and during that period I have found nothing like this service.

There is so much rubbish published elsewhere that I think it would be very wise to keep the content all under one roof gently controlled by the members.

Our members, lead by Pascal and Billy, should think very carefully about content drifting elsewhere. IMHO this would be detrimental to a very unique group of investors.

I know you are both very busy at this time but this is an important topic IMHO.

This service is extremely valuable and should not be underestimated. It has taken me a very long time and much sweat and tears to arrive here.

Trev
(After many years in the trenches.)

dwn
10-08-2011, 08:37 AM
Paul,

Do we have the right to "experiment" with another's work product? If there is a 1% risk of dilution, that risk is too great and not mine to take.

We are renters here - not owners. Let's get Pascal's/Billy's opinion and put this issue to rest.

Dan

grems8544
10-08-2011, 09:16 AM
dwn: concur.

I've sent a note to both.

Thanks for the insight.

Regards,

pgd

manucastle
10-13-2011, 08:50 AM
Pascal/Billy,

I appreciate you are both busy working on the RT Robot but have you had time to think about content appearing on other sites with the possibility of the dilution of paid services ?

Patience is a virtue so no rush :O)

Trev

Billy
10-13-2011, 11:30 AM
Pascal/Billy,

I appreciate you are both busy working on the RT Robot but have you had time to think about content appearing on other sites with the possibility of the dilution of paid services ?

Patience is a virtue so no rush :O)

Trev

Trev,

We believe that we need more thinking now before acting. What is not clear to us is the objective (what do we want to achieve).
The "how to" comes after.

Knowing that the real-time system is around the corner, it would be rather straightforward to build an alert generation system based on the different signals: Robots, 20DMF, but also Buy/short sectors signals, with list of the stocks attracting the most money, thrust alerts, etc...
The potential real time chat should be a support to the coming real-time system and services, focusing on them.
There are many public chat rooms available for those who want to discuss their proprietary and discretionary tools and trades. Our chat room should be protected, under full control and focused on the EV website tools and services.
Billy

manucastle
10-13-2011, 01:23 PM
Trev,

We believe that we need more thinking now before acting. What is not clear to us is the objective (what do we want to achieve).
The "how to" comes after.

Knowing that the real-time system is around the corner, it would be rather straightforward to build an alert generation system based on the different signals: Robots, 20DMF, but also Buy/short sectors signals, with list of the stocks attracting the most money, thrust alerts, etc...
The potential real time chat should be a support to the coming real-time system and services, focusing on them.
There are many public chat rooms available for those who want to discuss their proprietary and discretionary tools and trades. Our chat room should be protected, under full control and focused on the EV website tools and services.
Billy

Thanks very much Billy.

Trev