PDA

View Full Version : Sigr files?

buzzman
08-26-2011, 09:07 AM
Questions for Billy:

The only document that I can find about the SIGR file was written on May 26, 2009; has this document been upgraded?
Are SIGRs available for individual stocks?
Have the TABS 1-7 been removed? or replaced with something else?
Has anyone attempted to correlate the IBD industries with the VIT sectors? (Some are obvious, some are not.)

Finally, what is the most efficient way to access the file? (I'm currently going through a link posted by Pascal on the VIT site, but I have to save the link and then open it from my desktop in excel. Would prefer to open directly from the site if possible.)

Thanks,
bz

1bullseye
08-26-2011, 09:51 AM
I cant find them either

grems8544
08-26-2011, 09:53 AM
http://www.effectivevolume.eu/content/Reports/SIGR.xls

Regards,

pgd

Billy
08-26-2011, 01:10 PM
Questions for Billy:

The only document that I can find about the SIGR file was written on May 26, 2009; has this document been upgraded?
Are SIGRs available for individual stocks?
Have the TABS 1-7 been removed? or replaced with something else?
Has anyone attempted to correlate the IBD industries with the VIT sectors? (Some are obvious, some are not.)

Finally, what is the most efficient way to access the file? (I'm currently going through a link posted by Pascal on the VIT site, but I have to save the link and then open it from my desktop in excel. Would prefer to open directly from the site if possible.)

Thanks,
bz

You can read my introduction to SIGR and the following discussions here.
http://www.effectivevolume.com/showthread.php?428-RE-IBD-Sector-and-Industry-Group-Rankings-(SIGR)&highlight=SIGR+26
This document has not been updated if I remember well. The methodology is still exactly the same. There was an adaptation for the changes in IBD's industry groups classification in May 2010.
The tabs have not changed neither as you can see in updated file posted daily at the link kindly provided by Paul.

For individual stocks, the relevant SIGR to be used is the one from the IBD industry group that the stock belong to. Sorry, but for copyright reasons, only a subscription to IBD and/or Marketsmith can give you a list of stocks by industry groups.

Billy

buzzman
08-26-2011, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the response. When I go to the SIGR file my excel sheet has tabs as follows:

SIGRFix, Graph1, Graph2, Graph3, etc. with the last two being Graph197, ForGraphs

I can't find any Tabs 1-7. Can anyone help me? thx, buz

Billy
08-27-2011, 01:52 AM
Thanks for the response. When I go to the SIGR file my excel sheet has tabs as follows:

SIGRFix, Graph1, Graph2, Graph3, etc. with the last two being Graph197, ForGraphs

I can't find any Tabs 1-7. Can anyone help me? thx, buz

Buz,

I think that you refer to the 7 tabs of my preparatory spreadsheet for the SIGR files.
I attach that updated spreadsheet for your review. Beware, it is a HUGE file.
Billy

buzzman
08-28-2011, 03:22 PM
That's it Billy, thank you. As it is updated I assume it is accessible from the same link.

Billy
08-28-2011, 03:39 PM
That's it Billy, thank you. As it is updated I assume it is accessible from the same link.

I guess it is. I don't remember the link that I of course never use. Pascal normally takes care of that.
Just in case, here is this weekend SIGR file. The stagflation theme continues to lead the list: gold miners, auto parts, cigarettes, booze, discount retailers, pawn shops, waste management, utilities.

Billy

adam ali
08-28-2011, 03:53 PM
You're right about those pawn shop stocks (EZPW, CSH, FCFS), Billy - barely a blip this year in a smooth price curve upwards.