PDA

View Full Version : Crowd Sentiment Index (CSI) for US Equities, July 29 - 66% (Down 4)

asomani
07-31-2011, 04:53 PM
This week's report is attached.

Please note that I've made a few changes in the CSI as part of further attempting to refine it. Among the changes I've made are adding new survey data to underlie the CSI as well as adding a bit more smoothing to the CSI to reduce its volatility and increase its signal-to-noise ratio. The additional smoothing has, I believe removed the need to maintain a 3-week moving average of the CSI (so, henceforth, you will see not see reporting of the CSI's 3-week moving average).

Billy
08-01-2011, 01:00 AM
Aly,

Thank you very much for your excellent analysis and commentary. They are providing one of the best summary of observations that can be made.
May I suggest that you use bigger font sizes in the pdf? That would help greatly almost blind readers like me
Billy

asomani
08-01-2011, 01:27 AM
Aly,

Thank you very much for your excellent analysis and commentary. They are providing one of the best summary of observations that can be made.
May I suggest that you use bigger font sizes in the pdf? That would help greatly almost blind readers like me
Billy

Billy,

Thank you for your comment. I will be happy to make the font size larger going forward.

As an aside, I really hope some solution can be found at some point to the deterioration of your eyes. I feel especially sad that someone I've learned a great deal from and respect so much is suffering from such a condition. I'm sure many other VIT members feel the same way. Please let us know if there is any way we can be of help in finding a solution for you, Billy.

Billy
08-01-2011, 03:28 AM
Billy,

Thank you for your comment. I will be happy to make the font size larger going forward.

As an aside, I really hope some solution can be found at some point to the deterioration of your eyes. I feel especially sad that someone I've learned a great deal from and respect so much is suffering from such a condition. I'm sure many other VIT members feel the same way. Please let us know if there is any way we can be of help in finding a solution for you, Billy.

Well, I suffer from overexposure to computer screens for too many years. This is some kind of not-well-known modern eye illness linked to a loss of 3D perception and increasing blurriness over time. I've consulted 5 ophtalmologists so far and none is in agreement with any other about what to do as surgery or treatment. But they all agree that if I stop my screen exposure, my eyes should quickly partially or totally recover.

I am reducing my screen exposure time as much as I can now. From 14 hours a day, I am now at 10 hours a day. But I will probably need to reduce it much further. I plan to do it once the new website and robots launching period is over. I need to prioritize my routine and online readings first.

Thank you for caring,
Billy