PDA

View Full Version : Today's consequences

Billy
07-27-2011, 03:44 PM
The IWM robot is back in cash and will likely try to enter a new short position around a limit price of 81.51 tomorrow.
The GDX robot is likely to exit its long position and enter a short trade at the open tomorrow.
Please wait for official confirmation on the robot pages.
Billy

asomani
07-27-2011, 03:57 PM
Thank you for the heads up, Billy.

Pascal
07-27-2011, 03:57 PM
The IWM robot is back in cash and will likely try to enter a new short position around a limit price of 81.51 tomorrow.
The GDX robot is likely to exit its long position and enter a short trade at the open tomorrow.
Please wait for official confirmation on the robot pages.
Billy

I agree for IWM, but for GDX, this depends on the volatility. We might have to wait one or two more days to have the volatility spike register on the 20D ATR.

Pascal

davidallison@gmail.com
07-27-2011, 05:01 PM
Pascal,
Thank you for posting a comment today. I hope your getting some rest and enjoying your time off!

Billy,
Thank you for keeping us advised and providing intra day comments. I quite enjoy your blog and commentary along with your pivot cluster analysis.

It would seem the impending politically induced short signal, which helped force us out of the IWM robot long today, faces the same danger on a short, with a Washington announcement of raising the debt limit. Alternatively, perhaps this would be second guessing and this could go further than anyone believes. Maybe the prudent choice would see one reduce position size. Too bad the robots couldn’t have a turn in Washington to learn politics.

Dave