PDA

View Full Version : Crickets

mklein9
07-27-2011, 02:50 PM
With Pascal gone is it really this quiet here that I can only hear the crickets? Or is something wrong with my setup or subscriptions? I have not seen any posts at all today except for Pascal's robot updates, on a day when there should be a lot of interesting observations from the 20DMF and other indicators.

-Mike

Pierre Brodeur
07-27-2011, 02:59 PM
With Pascal gone is it really this quiet here that I can only hear the crickets? Or is something wrong with my setup or subscriptions? I have not seen any posts at all today except for Pascal's robot updates, on a day when there should be a lot of interesting observations from the 20DMF and other indicators.

-Mike

If you look at Pascal's noon update of the 20DMF it sure looks like a sell signal to me. Our leader is still there but I suspect he is busy working on some finance thing even though he should be resting. In the meantime we could talk about the cricket game but... I don't want to be kicked out of this forum by our leader

Pierre Brodeur

Timothy Clontz
07-27-2011, 03:06 PM
I was beginning to wonder if ANYTHING could rattle this market.

ilonaross
07-27-2011, 03:08 PM
i second the request for posts from those in the know.

brrim
07-27-2011, 03:09 PM
Pascal had written last week that a short signal requires 20 DMF <-0.04% and average EV on 4 inverse ETFs (SKF, SDS, QID, TWM) above the MA. The last 20 DMF is -0.037%. The ETFs won't be updated until the AM. As a group though their price is up 4.58% from last night's close.

Does anyone know what the period is for the ETF MA(20P?)?

Best regards,
Robert

Billy
07-27-2011, 03:32 PM
There is now an almost certainty that a short signal will be issued by the close. However, we still need a confirmation from the inversed ETFs and it will be known tomorrow morning. But it is close to 100% certainty.
Please remember that this website services are centered around database distribution first. Complaining for lack of comments doesn't motivate us much, especially when we are not more in the know than anybody else. We should all be grateful for Pascal's relentless work and let him rest from time to time like evryone else!
You can be assured that silence is equal to prudence with premature calls.
Billy

nickola.pazderic
07-27-2011, 05:07 PM
"Crickets" express the near silence well.

I was silent myself, not knowing whether to take everything off or hold out for some debt ceiling resolution. Considering Billy's outline of the resistance clusters, the market or those who make the make the market have had enough with the debt hostage drama. I'm still silent, wondering whether any premature short will portend a serious reversal to the updside when the drama is complete. So, I have no trouble with the silence of our leaders.

I am curious: Am I missing something? Is there an intra-day money flow indicator available on this site? Or do people find it elsewhere, say on Tradestation?

The only final thing I can say for today is this: My garden needs tending.

Billy
07-27-2011, 05:15 PM
I am curious: Am I missing something? Is there an intra-day money flow indicator available on this site? Or do people find it elsewhere, say on Tradestation?

Nickola,

There is a zoom (intraday) 20 DMF chart on the 20 DMF page. It is normally updated several times a day when Pascal is at his desk.
Billy

Ellis Wyatt
07-27-2011, 07:34 PM
silence is equal to prudence with premature calls

That right there is a t-shirt and bumper sticker quality slogan, Mssr. O'Nair. May I use that as my signature line?

For anyone who is still trading individual stocks, here is a very attractive LEV chart of Alpha Natural Resources (ANR), which is bouncing along a durable bottom active boundary, which has a multi-month upward LEV trend, and is in the final leg of completing a bullish Wolfe Wave. (http://wolfewave.com/an_illustration_along_with_the_rules.htm):

Ellis Wyatt