PDA

View Full Version : PascalA_List.xls

frank
07-16-2011, 03:34 PM
Pascal,

I am looking at this spreadsheet and it has helped me alot on selecting potential trades. But as a newbie, is there a document that defines the meaning of the different columns in different tabs of this spreadsheet?

Appreciate it,
Frank

Pascal
07-17-2011, 11:40 AM
I reworked this file. Not totally complete though.

http://www.effectivevolume.eu/content/Reports/How_to_EV.pdf

Pascal

grems8544
07-17-2011, 12:18 PM
Pascal,

I am looking at this spreadsheet and it has helped me alot on selecting potential trades. But as a newbie, is there a document that defines the meaning of the different columns in different tabs of this spreadsheet?

Here's my cheat sheet:

Regards,

pgd

nickola.pazderic
07-17-2011, 03:18 PM
Thanks, pgd. This is a wonderful cheat sheet. I'm also looking at the "Dashboard Sharpe" from the drop box-- unbelivably helpful. BIIB, which is a favorite of Morales, shows an AB buy signal of 97. It seems quite attractive.

My problem is this: Now that I've learned about VWAP from Billy and now that I've seen on several occasions the intraday price of IWM magically drift down to the professional price and then rally hard up, I wonder How can we determine a good buy price for a Greek God stock?

Thanks always,

grems8544
07-17-2011, 09:44 PM
How can we determine a good buy price for a Greek God stock?

I'm favoring GGT stocks that have favorable EV patterns and an AB value that is crossing through 0 from below. I'm ensuring that we're not seeing AB --> 0 from above; I think we need assurance to see the trend emerging to the long side, not the converse. Unfortunately, I cannot backtest this method, as I don't have the raw AB data -- it has to be a manual/visual check. Hence, I don't know what the edge of such an approach is (if any).

I welcome other thoughts.

Regards,

pgd

frank
07-18-2011, 12:14 AM
Thanks Pascal! Thanks Paul! The new document and the cheatsheet is extremely helpful!