PDA

View Full Version : 20DMF signals

Harry
06-21-2011, 07:34 AM
Dear Pascal,

I was looking at the 20DMF figure this morning. Why was the "go long" signal moved from June 10 (see June 10th Comment of the Day) to sometime between June 13-18? Didn't the "buy" signal get issued when the blue line of the lower panel reverses up in oversold territory at the close of June 9th? I cannot understand how the signal moved to the low of the Overbought/Oversold panel between June 13-18? My understanding was to hold the long even if the line dropped back down deeper into oversold territory? What am I missing?

Thanks,
Harry

adam ali
06-21-2011, 07:44 AM
Good question - I saw this and was wondering the exact same thing.

Pascal
06-21-2011, 08:37 AM
Good question - I saw this and was wondering the exact same thing.

The reply is an "extreme technical issue": on Excel, vertical lines are hand drawn. They are fixed and I have to slightly move them to the left when the figure below it is updated. I probably forgot to do that for that specific vertical line.

The date of the current signal is however shown in the title of the top panel whihc shows the close of June 9. This is automatic and this certainly not prone to human error.

Pascal

Harry
06-21-2011, 09:09 AM
The reply is an "extreme technical issue": on Excel, vertical lines are hand drawn. l

Classic - thanks for the note!

Harry