PDA

View Full Version : Rt 20dmf

manucastle
06-09-2011, 05:01 AM
Pascal/Billy

Will the RT 20DMF be a part of the subscription package for the IWM Robot by necessity ?

Trev

Pascal
06-09-2011, 05:27 AM
Pascal/Billy

Will the RT 20DMF be a part of the subscription package for the IWM Robot by necessity ?

Trev

The IWM/GDX robots are EOD trading machines. This means that EOD signals are effective at the open of the following day.

So the standard subscription does not include real time signals.
For us to supply real time signals to a whole community of traders, we would need to have a strong real-time calculation machine available on the net. It is not in our plans for now.

However, we will have a real-time calculator at our desk (Billy and I), which means that we will be able to launch robots simulator during the final 30 minutes of trading and we will be able to advise subscribers on the Multi-Pivots Forum. We will do that whenever possible, but it will not by any mean become an obligation for us to do so.

Pascal

manucastle
06-09-2011, 05:45 AM
The IWM/GDX robots are EOD trading machines. This means that EOD signals are effective at the open of the following day.

So the standard subscription does not include real time signals.
For us to supply real time signals to a whole community of traders, we would need to have a strong real-time calculation machine available on the net. It is not in our plans for now.

However, we will have a real-time calculator at our desk (Billy and I), which means that we will be able to launch robots simulator during the final 30 minutes of trading and we will be able to advise subscribers on the Multi-Pivots Forum. We will do that whenever possible, but it will not by any mean become an obligation for us to do so.

Pascal

Thanks Pascal. (I have checked on Ebay for one of your real-time calculators but none are available just now). :O)

Trev

Rembert
06-09-2011, 02:07 PM

Pascal,

How are the backtest results calculated when dealing with closing a position on a signal change ? Does the backtest simulate EOD by closing the position at the open of the next trading day or does it simulate the real time model by executing the transaction at the close ?

In case you have backtested both scenarios, was there a big difference ?

Pascal
06-09-2011, 02:48 PM
Pascal,

How are the backtest results calculated when dealing with closing a position on a signal change ? Does the backtest simulate EOD by closing the position at the open of the next trading day or does it simulate the real time model by executing the transaction at the close ?

In case you have backtested both scenarios, was there a big difference ?

For the back-test involving Pivots, all the entries are on pivots and the exits are on trailing stops or signal change. Half of the exists were on signal change. On signal change, the strategy was to sell at the close.

I posted today a back-test comparing a buy/sell at the close to a buy/sell at the next day open both for IWM and for GDX using strong signals only. The IWM results are the same. the GDX are 10% different (buy/sell at the close give 10% better returns for GDX, mainly because GDX trades extremes of the signals).

Pascal

Rembert
06-09-2011, 02:59 PM
Ok thank you Pascal.

Edit : I just saw your backtest in the comments of the GDX robot. Interesting results indeed.