PDA

View Full Version : GDX and IWM Cluster Strengths for June 6, 2011

Billy
06-05-2011, 11:26 AM
Let’s start with GDX where the cluster structure confirms the weak (neutral) long signal from the GDX Robot. The first resistance cluster is extremely strong at 28 and begins with the Weekly Pivot (56.94) up to Quarterly Pivot (58.19). Two of the strongest resistance levels are included, the 200 dma (57.71) and the Semester Pivot (57.63). The end-of May attempt of breaking above QPP - and the same strong cluster- failed and one can observe how quickly the decline accelerated once SPP was crossed to the downside. This is typical of organized distribution by large players and the vicinity of the 200 dma suggests that they were institutional players rather than market makers. Since there are only daily levels (not shown) just below Friday’s close, these are most likely to plan for re-accumulation for their own accounts around Yearly Pivot (55.19) which is clustering with WS1 (55.37). Hence their long targets will be the next weekly resistances levels: WPP (56.94), then WR1 (58.09) near the highs of the cluster. Watch for early rejection with volume at SPP (57.63) for the first hints that institutions are launching a new sell program. Once above that powerful cluster, the sky is blue with strong support and very weak resistance.

The optimal buy point for a new entry is at 55.82 and downside risk will be limited by the floor WS1 (55.37) and YPP (55.19) supports. The most probable 3-day target from such an entry is at 57.33, just under the infamous Semester pivot. Notice how the trailing stop for the existing robot long position (54.34) is ideally placed, just below QPP (54.37) and just above the initial entry price (54.31).
For IWM, the path of least resistance is still to the downside. Here too, there are only daily floor levels (not shown) before the bottom of the first support cluster around Weekly S1 (79.43) and Quarterly S1 (79.32). Market makers have no vested interest currently to accumulate new long positions or cover short positions above that area, so any bounce into the first stronger resistance cluster can logically be shorted. The new short entry price of 81.18 is close enough to have a chance to be hit early on Monday just before strong resistance will appear at Monthly S1 (81.46) and Quarterly Pivot (81.80). In fact, from a standalone multi-pivots perspective, a new short entry will be safe as long as Monday’s close is below Weekly Pivot (82.14). And the robot statistics and probabilities give us a most probable 3-day short target of 79.82 just above the next potential consolidation area (WS1 and QS1). A further breakdown below QS1 (79.32) will find only very weak support around Monthly S2 (78.09) and Weekly S2 (77.97) and the 200 dma (76.36) will most likely become the next support and potential bottom area for this correction.
As a side note, IWM closed for the first time in a “Strong Decline” daily stage since the summer of 2010, which is pointing to a capitulation selling wave soon.
Billy

slgerritz
06-05-2011, 03:46 PM
In the IWM Robot Page "Management of existing positions" sections it states that the position was covered on 5/27/2011. It further says that the robot is currently looking for a short position. This seems clear; however in the "Settings for new positions" section it states that there is a short enty recommendation at $81.18 for the trade day following 6/3/2011. If I covered per the robot do I then assume the $81.18 is the new robot short signal and that the robot is no longer searching for a new short position?

Additionally, in the "These are the probabilities for combine long term / short term setting:: section it states that "Today's SHORT setting are Neutral". Does this reference the $81.18 new position price?

And the last question for now: Is the same page I wil view after subscribing to the new robot and what time of day will it be updated?
Steve

grems8544
06-05-2011, 03:49 PM
If I covered per the robot do I then assume the $81.18 is the new robot buy signal and it is no longer searching for a short position?
Steve

$81.18 is the new robot buy signal for Monday, June 6th.

The robot, since it is NOT in the position, is still searching. It's a terminology issue; the target entry is 81.18 on the SHORT side, e.g., "sell short" to enter.

Regards,

pgd

slgerritz
06-05-2011, 04:23 PM
$81.18 is the new robot buy signal for Monday, June 6th.

The robot, since it is NOT in the position, is still searching. It's a terminology issue; the target entry is 81.18 on the SHORT side, e.g., "sell short" to enter.

Regards,

pgd

Thanks Paul - Here's another question.

The "These are the probabilities for the combined Long term / Short term settings:" section is as follows:

Today's SHORT settings are NEUTRAL.
The LT algo found a short edge of -1.25%. This is lower than the -0.75% limit
The ST algo found a relatively weak negative edge of -1.59%
The LT edge is more positive than -2%. In the past this combination led to a 3D short LOSS of -0.11% from the previous day's close. The trade became positive after three days in 53.1% of the cases.

It appears that the more negative the number --- the more positive the return potential. Am I reading this correctly? Also is a NEUTRAL for the short setting saying that I do not have very good odds at making a gain. How does the built-in Multi Pivot 1/3 risk return ratio factor in to the robot signals?

Pascal
06-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Thanks Paul - Here's another question.

The "These are the probabilities for the combined Long term / Short term settings:" section is as follows:

The LT edge is more positive than -2%. In the past this combination led to a 3D short LOSS of -0.11% from the previous day's close. The trade became positive after three days in 53.1% of the cases.

It appears that the more negative the number --- the more positive the return potential. Am I reading this correctly? Also is a NEUTRAL for the short setting saying that I do not have very good odds at making a gain. How does the built-in Multi Pivot 1/3 risk return ratio factor in to the robot signals?

The LT and ST edges are measured by comparing both Short and Long settings. The more negative the edge, the stronger a short position will be. The Multi-Pivots 1/3 RR ratio is one of the elements in the decision process.

Pascal

grems8544
06-05-2011, 04:32 PM
It appears that the more negative the number --- the more positive the return potential. Am I reading this correctly?

If we are looking for a short entry, then yes, your interpretation is correct.

Also is a NEUTRAL for the short setting saying that I do not have very good odds at making a gain.

My interpretation is that your chances of winning the position are less than if the signal is showing a STRONG short setting. It can still work in your favor, BUT, review the FAQ, specifically the charts that show the R/R as you move further from the original entry signal. The graphs clearly show that days since signal result in lower gains ....

How does the built-in Multi Pivot 1/3 risk return ratio factor in to the robot signals?

I have to defer this to the masters ... I can't clearly answer this from my study of individual FAQs.

slgerritz
06-05-2011, 04:50 PM
If we are looking for a short entry, then yes, your interpretation is correct.

My interpretation is that your chances of winning the position are less than if the signal is showing a STRONG short setting. It can still work in your favor, BUT, review the FAQ, specifically the charts that show the R/R as you move further from the original entry signal. The graphs clearly show that days since signal result in lower gains ....

I have to defer this to the masters ... I can't clearly answer this from my study of individual FAQs.

Thanks Paul. I feel like I'm on a role now, so maybe I can get away with one more question for now.

The 20 DMF chart has given a short signal. It uses the S&P 500 as part of the graph. Do I use this chart to either buy,cover or short the the S&P 500 (broad market) or can I assume it should be viewed as factor when trading the leader list? I will save my upcoming ETF questions for latter.
Thank ahead of time.
Steve

brrim
06-05-2011, 07:37 PM
Billy; The MS1 of 81.46 and QS1 of 79.32 seem based on the MPP from May and the QPP of the 1st quarter.
Do you switch to June prices and prices from the 2nd quarter only on 7/1?

Best regards,
Robert

nickola.pazderic
06-05-2011, 08:57 PM
Billy--

I think the analysis is fascinating. Until I joined this group I added daily support, resistance, and pivot points to my intra day 5-min chart of the SPY. I used these points to organize some day trading. I would find these everyday on the Prodigio trading platform at Think or Swim. I would also mark up my IWM charts in a similar manner.

I wish to know: Do you publish the daily, weekly and quarterly pivots? I'd like to mark up my weekly and monthly charts similarly.

If this question has been covered previously, my apologies.

In any case, thank you very much for your efforts,

Billy
06-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Billy; The MS1 of 81.46 and QS1 of 79.32 seem based on the MPP from May and the QPP of the 1st quarter.
Do you switch to June prices and prices from the 2nd quarter only on 7/1?

Best regards,
Robert

Robert,

Sure. The pivot and floor levels are always derived from the previous period close. We still need the full data from June trading close both for new monthly, quarterly and semester levels, so they will change on 7/1.
It is precisely such changes that allow progressive shifts of support/resistance clusters strengths over time leading to more or less hinderance to price progress. Near the end of any period, one can "cheat" and project the next period levels for some foresight. This exercise is most important at mid-year deadlines and I will comment on this in due time. Billy

Billy
06-05-2011, 09:32 PM
Billy--

I think the analysis is fascinating. Until I joined this group I added daily support, resistance, and pivot points to my intra day 5-min chart of the SPY. I used these points to organize some day trading. I would find these everyday on the Prodigio trading platform at Think or Swim. I would also mark up my IWM charts in a similar manner.

I wish to know: Do you publish the daily, weekly and quarterly pivots? I'd like to mark up my weekly and monthly charts similarly.

If this question has been covered previously, my apologies.

In any case, thank you very much for your efforts,

Nickola,

I use my proprietary software but you can easily use this excellent online spreadsheet often recommended by Maxime. Many forum members are using it with satisfaction. There may be some very minor differences due to database sources. I use Yahoo Finance data.

http://bit.ly/hQdjAs
Billy

Billy
06-05-2011, 10:29 PM
Thanks Paul. I feel like I'm on a role now, so maybe I can get away with one more question for now.

The 20 DMF chart has given a short signal. It uses the S&P 500 as part of the graph. Do I use this chart to either buy,cover or short the the S&P 500 (broad market) or can I assume it should be viewed as factor when trading the leader list? I will save my upcoming ETF questions for latter.
Thank ahead of time.
Steve

Steve,

You may review the 20 DMF methodology. The 20 DMF is not computed with the 500 components of S&P 500, but with over 1,000 stocks from all sectors. The 20 DMF signal is not derived proportionally to the signals from all stocks, but is proportional to the signals from all sectors. Hence, the S&P 500 chart is shown as a reference only for the behavior of large (institutional) cap stocks in relation with the 20 DMF, but the 20 DMF is a much more general market signal. When it is in short mode like now, it tells you to favor short setups over long setups for most instruments and stocks. It tells you a lot about timing, but nothing about the setups and their risks.

What the IWM robot does with a 20 DMF short signal is to automatically look for entering a short position but only with an optimal setup for risk management and with the best statistically expected returns. The optimal entry price is always based on a 3:1 reward-risk ratio from the multi-pivot method. On average, this 3:1 RR method returns 0% risk-adjusted returns in a trendless market. But when a trend bias is identified by the 20 DMF and/or the satistics and we use the same 3:1 reward-risk entry setups, we can achieve the exceptional risk-adjusted returns described in the introductory robot paper.
Paul answered perfectly all your other questions. Thank you Paul!
Billy

brychao
06-06-2011, 01:26 AM
Billy, how do you define market makers vs institutions?

Market makers = banks?
institutions = mutual funds / hedge funds?

Also, what do you mean by "vested interest" on the market makers to accumulate GDX positions?

Thanks! Learning in leaps and bounds

Billy
06-06-2011, 02:12 AM
Billy, how do you define market makers vs institutions?

Market makers = banks?
institutions = mutual funds / hedge funds?

Also, what do you mean by "vested interest" on the market makers to accumulate GDX positions?

Thanks! Learning in leaps and bounds

Yes, institutional investors are mutual funds, hedge funds, but also pension funds or insurance companies for example. Their common trait is that due to their very large positions, they need to spread their accumulation and distribution over several days. They turn to market makers for executing their orders "at best" within a deadline and optimizing in function of the liquidity available in the market. Market makers fees for such operations are proportional to the actual volume-weighted average price (VWAP) of the position compared to the VWAP of the underlying instrument over the same timeframe. This is the first "vested" interest of market makers : when buying institutional positions, their interest is to push price down enough so as to be able to produce a better VWAP than the recent VWAP by the market. They typically target lower floor levels for that purpose, where they will accumulate in a consolidation, usually panicking the little retail guy along the way and "fishing for stops". Today, all that process is programmed with algorithms in High Frequency Trading (HFT) programs that are giving much weight to the multi-timeframe pivot floor levels as their intermediate price targets.
A market maker is also a broker-dealer firm that accepts the risk of holding a certain number of shares of a particular security in order to facilitate trading in that security. Each market maker competes for customer order flow by displaying buy and sell quotations for a guaranteed number of shares. You are always buying from or selling to a market maker. Once an order is received, the market maker immediately sells from its own inventory or seeks an offsetting order. Actually, market makers are managing for their own accounts inventories with many timeframes pivot and floor levels targets. This is their second vested interest: when, collectively, they see institutional distribution orders rising or large buy orders waiting at much lower prices, they are the only market participants authorized to sell short naked positions for their own accounts. So they sell short while breaking down an important pivot/floor support and they will cover their shorts while approaching the next lower floor support level, rarely before! As long as the lower level is not hit, they will do all they can to facilitate a quick and violent downside move.
Billy

nickola.pazderic
06-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Billy--

Can you recommend books, articles or magazines to teach me about the actions of market makers and institutions?

My interest is as big as my ignorance.

Again, if this has been handled pre-EV Forum, my apologies.

Many thanks,

Billy
06-06-2011, 11:18 AM
Billy--

Can you recommend books, articles or magazines to teach me about the actions of market makers and institutions?

My interest is as big as my ignorance.

Again, if this has been handled pre-EV Forum, my apologies.

Many thanks,

Nickola,

I am unable to recommend anything, although I am sure some good stuff could be found by digging/googling deep enough.
Most of what is written is of no practical value, especially with market makers true actions. As i've written many times in the past, these are some of the best kept secrets because they are so lucrative.
All i've learned was from actual practice and experience in real life, being a former euro-bond and later NASDAQ market maker myself long before the job became all computer-driven. For example, I NEVER looked at a chart on my market maker screen, I was only interested in the spreadsheets of my clients' and my own inventories' average weighted prices evolution for all timeframes. Like for all market makers, it was all about scaling in and out at each pivot & floor level for each timeframe. The big money was made with the longest timeframes inventories and the ability to practice naked short-selling; pocket money came from the spreads between bid & ask prices.
That's how I came to the confluence/cluster concepts, trying to monitor the collective action of market makers. A lot is written about institutional investors accumulation/distribution, but it is actually executed by market makers with their own techniques and conflicts of interest.
Billy

adam ali
06-06-2011, 11:48 AM
Billy,

On the Robot page it states:

These are the probabilities for the combined Long term / Short term settings:

How do these probabilities coincide with the 3:1 risk reward probability you mention above?

Pascal
06-06-2011, 11:51 AM
Billy,

How do these probabilities coincide with the 3:1 risk reward probability you mention above?

The Robots uses the 3:1 risk rewrads and the potential earnings to decide on a short/long position (it compares first the LT edges and then the ST edges).

I have incldued additional statistics so that investors can see what the combination of the LT/ST combination did in the past. This allows to size your position. The robot does not take these into consideration.

Pascal

adam ali
06-06-2011, 12:04 PM
I think I may be mixing up timeframes.

So far as I understand, the Robot page statistics indicate, based on historical data, what the likelihood is for gain/loss over the next 3-day period. The greater the probability of gain, the larger the position size, all other things being equal.

In conjunction with this shorter timeframe probability, I am to assume so long as the Robot is providing an entry point for that day the trade holds (at least) a 3:1 RR probability with the proviso one enters the trade at the price point given.

TraderD
06-06-2011, 12:26 PM
The 20 DMF is not computed with the 500 components of S&P 500, but with over 1,000 stocks from all sectors. The 20 DMF signal is not derived proportionally to the signals from all stocks, but is proportional to the signals from all sectors.

Billy,

I wonder why simple averaging of signals from all sectors makes sense for the formation of the 20DMF signal. As sectors' aggregate market caps (and consequently, trading volumes) can be very different, wouldn't simple averaging introduce a skew into the 20DMF signal by over-representing the smaller sectors (and vice versa wrt the large sectors)? I'd be naturally inclined to weigh the sectors' signals in proportion to their market caps, but then, how's that different from just combining 1000 stocks' signals with their respective market caps weights?

Trader D

Pascal
06-06-2011, 12:35 PM
Billy,

I wonder why simple averaging of signals from all sectors makes sense for the formation of the 20DMF signal. As sectors' aggregate market caps (and consequently, trading volumes) can be very different, wouldn't simple averaging introduce a skew into the 20DMF signal by over-representing the smaller sectors (and vice versa wrt the large sectors)? I'd be naturally inclined to weigh the sectors' signals in proportion to their market caps, but then, how's that different from just combining 1000 stocks' signals with their respective market caps weights?

Trader D

From back-testing, it worked better that way: same weight for each sector.

Pascal

Pascal
06-06-2011, 12:46 PM
I think I may be mixing up timeframes.

So far as I understand, the Robot page statistics indicate, based on historical data, what the likelihood is for gain/loss over the next 3-day period. The greater the probability of gain, the larger the position size, all other things being equal.

In conjunction with this shorter timeframe probability, I am to assume so long as the Robot is providing an entry point for that day the trade holds (at least) a 3:1 RR probability with the proviso one enters the trade at the price point given.

You have two sets of three figures one for long trades and one for short trades). Each set evaluates both the 10D and 3D potential earnings, the R/R and the probabilities. The robot first looks at the LT edges. if it is strong enough it takes the trade. If not, then the robot looks at the short edge. If it finds something -even the slightest edge, - the robot takes the trade.

When the decision to take the trade is taken, then the robot has to decide on an entry point and on a stop loss. This is where the Multi time frame pivots come with the 1:3 RR ratio. The RR ratio is not a probability. It is the best entry level that will allow you to earn three times more than what you could lose on the trade, based on the pivots analysis only (and on back-tests.)

Pascal

adam ali
06-06-2011, 02:17 PM
Thanks, Pascal. Very helpful

slgerritz
06-06-2011, 03:02 PM
The current price of GDX as I write is $54.76. This is pretty well below the new entry price of$54.86 and getting close to the original stop of $54.34. I am little uncertain here as to what I should do now. Should I wait until the original stop is triggered and sell all or buy more now and ignore the orginal stop and rely on the new stop? How will either effect my odds?
Steve

Pascal
06-06-2011, 03:18 PM
The current price of GDX as I write is $54.76. This is pretty well below the new entry price of$54.86 and getting close to the original stop of $54.34. I am little uncertain here as to what I should do now. Should I wait until the original stop is triggered and sell all or buy more now and ignore the orginal stop and rely on the new stop? How will either effect my odds?
Steve

If you took the original GDX trade, your stop loss might execute today and the trade will be a "wash". It is not because you are close to the past entry that the trade dynamics is the same. It is not! The GDX robot is closer to a short than to a long signal. If a short is not triggered at the close, then the oversold situation could trigger a new long opportunity for tomorrow, with new pivots settings. So, you respect the stops and see tomorrow what the robot's stated direction will be.

Pascal

slgerritz
06-06-2011, 03:29 PM
If you took the original GDX trade, your stop loss might execute today and the trade will be a "wash". It is not because you are close to the past entry that the trade dynamics is the same. It is not! The GDX robot is closer to a short than to a long signal. If a short is not triggered at the close, then the oversold situation could trigger a new long opportunity for tomorrow, with new pivots settings. So, you respect the stops and see tomorrow what the robot's stated direction will be.

Pascal

Thanks Pascal,
Steve

mklein9
06-06-2011, 06:07 PM
Back on Tuesday last week (May 31) before the latest drop started, I had made my own preliminary calculation of the IWM robot's likely entry price and came up with 84.94. This used the 50MA and SR1 at 85.46.

Once the robot's numbers were published and showed an entry of 85.10, I scratched my head a bit and found that the robot was using YR1 at 85.68 instead of SR1, leading to a higher entry price even though SR1 is certainly a strong pivot. So I put in my order at 85.13 and, of course, it never got filled. Had I gone to bed and left an order at my presumed entry price, it would have filled and I would be about 20% richer now :-). So of course I have analyzed this case a bit.

I know the details of the entry/exit price calculations are proprietary, and I know deeply the advantages of testing a consistent methodology as opposed to reacting to one-time events. But I would be interested in any analysis of "why did the robot choose YR1 instead of SR1" if that is possible. I just seemed a bit counter to my expectations, especially that SR1 is such a strong pivot level that should be able to form a resistance level on its own.

Thanks,

-Mike

Billy
06-06-2011, 11:52 PM
Billy,

Adam,

There is zero coincidence. The LT/ST probabilities are computed from historical performance of the various EV strategies under similar conditions and from the last closing price.

The 3:1 risk-reward ratio is computed from the pivot & floor cluster configuration.
Billy

Billy
06-07-2011, 03:58 AM
IWM refused to explore the first stronger resistance cluster which was marked by the daily pivot (81.10) and missed the robot short entry limit (81.18), by a few cents before falling across most of the weaker first cluster support down to the lower limit support of daily S3 and WS1 ( both 79.43), just above QS1 (79.32). The last hour of trading never touched DS3 and WS1, a sign that market makers might be scaling back in from these levels, opening the way for a bounce on Tuesday. The most probable 3-day short target (79.82) was overshoot in the process, so a very short term low may be in.

GDX followed its path of least resistance with conviction, falling through 1 ˝ weaker support clusters, ignoring the important Yearly pivot (55.19) along the way. The GDX robot issued a sell signal at the close, based on the GDX MF. The position will be covered at the open on Tuesday and the robot will search for entering a new short position. Billy

manucastle
06-09-2011, 12:09 PM
Nickola,

I use my proprietary software but you can easily use this excellent online spreadsheet often recommended by Maxime. Many forum members are using it with satisfaction. There may be some very minor differences due to database sources. I use Yahoo Finance data.

http://bit.ly/hQdjAs
Billy

Hi Billy,

Thanks for the link to this excellent SPY spreadsheet.
Is there also a link to an IWM spreadsheet ?

Trev

Billy
06-09-2011, 12:33 PM
Hi Billy,

Thanks for the link to this excellent SPY spreadsheet.
Is there also a link to an IWM spreadsheet ?

Trev

Trev,

I tried in vain to find in the archives if they were available too. Maybe Maxime is reading this and will repost his liinks.
Tom Ellis also provided online links to his own spreadsheets, but I can only find it for SPY also. Tom, please feel free to help if you read this post. I'm pretty sure someone posted an interactive link where one could simply change the ticker symbol at will.

What I will do, starting tomorrow, is posting here daily an excel file with all updated multi-timeframe levels for IWM and GDX (and for XLE once the XLE robot will be online). I will include the first and second S/R clusters It's easy to do for me and I'm here to help.
Billy

manucastle
06-09-2011, 12:50 PM
Trev,

I tried in vain to find in the archives if they were available too. Maybe Maxime is reading this and will repost his liinks.
Tom Ellis also provided online links to his own spreadsheets, but I can only find it for SPY also. Tom, please feel free to help if you read this post. I'm pretty sure someone posted an interactive link where one could simply change the ticker symbol at will.

What I will do, starting tomorrow, is posting here daily an excel file with all updated multi-timeframe levels for IWM and GDX (and for XLE once the XLE robot will be online). I will include the first and second S/R clusters It's easy to do for me and I'm here to help.
Billy

Thanks again Billy.
The quick responses from you and Pascal are an absolute credit to you.

Trev

Maxime A.
06-09-2011, 02:22 PM
Trev,

[...]
Billy

Here's a link to my spreadsheet:
http://bit.ly/ifdhPt

Note that it's best for to copy this spreadsheet (File > "Make a Copy" once logged in your google account), then you can just change the ticker to IWM (or QQQ, etc.). Thanks,

Max

Billy
06-09-2011, 02:36 PM
Here's a link to my spreadsheet:
http://bit.ly/ifdhPt

Note that it's best for to copy this spreadsheet (File > "Make a Copy" once logged in your google account), then you can just change the ticker to IWM (or QQQ, etc.). Thanks,

Max

Thanks a max, Max!

slgerritz
06-09-2011, 04:34 PM
Thanks a max, Max!

Max or Billy,

I tried to change the symbol in the pivot online spreadsheet. I looged on to my Google accout as per instructions, but was still unable to change the symbol. It merely popped up with a message saying anonymous used. I also sent a request to access. Can you help?
Steve

Maxime A.
06-09-2011, 04:42 PM
Steve,

you probably already got my email, but just in case someone else is interested in changing the ticker used or modifying the layout of the spreadsheet, it's best if you make a private copy first.
- using the google spreadsheet user interface, hit the File > Make a copy menu entry
.. and you're set!

Thanks,

Max

Max or Billy,

I tried to change the symbol in the pivot online spreadsheet. I looged on to my Google accout as per instructions, but was still unable to change the symbol. It merely popped up with a message saying anonymous used. I also sent a request to access. Can you help?
Steve

manucastle
06-09-2011, 07:01 PM
Steve,

you probably already got my email, but just in case someone else is interested in changing the ticker used or modifying the layout of the spreadsheet, it's best if you make a private copy first.
- using the google spreadsheet user interface, hit the File > Make a copy menu entry
.. and you're set!

Thanks,

Max

Thanks a million Maxime. This will be very useful to me.

Trev