PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Market

mingpan.lam
05-31-2011, 05:48 PM
Hi there,

Anyone can tell me what Chinese Stock market refer to? Does it mean Hong Kong stock market?
Also, what is the data provider used to calculate the EV?

I would like to do it myself but just don't know what data provider I should approach?

Cheers,

Ellis

Pascal
06-01-2011, 06:03 AM
Hi Ellis,

We are using data from IQN.
Also, the Chinese sector only shows Chinese stocks trading on the US exchanges.
I had to remove about 5 of them recently, due to on-going scandals.
I still have doubts about some others such as SEED or FEED, which are heavily under selling pressure.

Pascal

Here is the list of Chinese stocks that we are following.
We also follow three Chinese ETFs: CAF, FXI and FXP

Mike
06-01-2011, 07:17 AM

I ran a screen on the US market of all stocks headquartered in China. The attached spreadsheet shows 232 stocks with other data that may be of interest.

In general I am suspicios of the reporting that comes out of China and I have become more selective. I got burned with Russian ADR stocks in the past and I fear that transparency and the rule of law in China puts an investor at a disadvantage.

Mike Scott
Tarzana, CA

mingpan.lam
06-02-2011, 12:53 AM
Hi Pascal and Mike,

Thks for your reply. I think the best Chinese stock will be in Hong Kong. But I just couldn't find a company that provide this kind of historical 1 mins data.

Pascal : I am reading your book and really enjoy it, after finishing the book, I will see if I can find 1 mins Hong Kong stock market data and see if I can apply on it. I also like your idea of this forum and with part of money to charity, I believe this is what every one of us should do while earning money from the market.

Cheers,

Ellis

Pascal
06-02-2011, 01:28 AM
Hi Pascal and Mike,

Thks for your reply. I think the best Chinese stock will be in Hong Kong. But I just couldn't find a company that provide this kind of historical 1 mins data.

Pascal : I am reading your book and really enjoy it, after finishing the book, I will see if I can find 1 mins Hong Kong stock market data and see if I can apply on it. I also like your idea of this forum and with part of money to charity, I believe this is what every one of us should do while earning money from the market.

Cheers,

Ellis

This company provides data I believe from Shanghai:

http://www.gtadata.com/products/realtime.aspx

I contacted them, but them want to charge $2000/month for their data.
At that price, I even do not want to start a technical test.

Anyway, now that we saw how good CEO's of Chinese companies were at plundering the assets of their own company after an IPO, I am happy I did not go into that direction.

Pascal

mingpan.lam
06-02-2011, 09:06 AM
Forget abt shanghai market, it is a market just for local chinese in china. Hong kong exchange is the place for china stock, not shanghai exchange. you can trade hong kong stock with interactive broker.

Andrei
06-02-2011, 10:48 AM
I believe one thing is a chinese micro-cap company traded at NASDAQ, and another is company, the likes of Sinopec, or China Mobile etc. I'm inclined to think that accounting is much more rigorous in these companies, but I can not prove that of course.