PDA

View Full Version : suggestions forum

happy
05-24-2011, 01:41 PM
Hi Pascal and Billy ... I didnt know where to post this, so I figured this was as good a place as any.

I wanted to suggest that you add a new forum (at the top level) that is called "site suggestions", where we can post general suggestions to you that we feel would make the site better.

I dont think everyone needs to see these posts and would probably be a waste of people's time, so I am hesitant to post them in the other forums. It would just add noise for most people, but every once in awhile I'm sure a good one will come up that you will want to use to enhance the website.

Thank you in advance.

happy
05-24-2011, 01:45 PM
I dont know if this would be easy to do, but I think it would be helpful to see the IWM/GDX probabilities from past (days ago) signals.

In other words, today if i look at the Robot signals, I see the original short entry price and stop price, then I see today's short entry and stop price (if I were to enter the trade today). I also see the probabilities and r/r for 'today's' trade, but I no longer get to see the probabilities and r/r for the original trade date.

Periodically while in the trade, I would like to go back and re-evaluate the probabilities from the original signal date and as a result, want to reference those original probabilities. Probably difficult to do, but if possible it would be really helpful.

thank you

Pascal
05-24-2011, 02:40 PM
I dont know if this would be easy to do, but I think it would be helpful to see the IWM/GDX probabilities from past (days ago) signals.

In other words, today if i look at the Robot signals, I see the original short entry price and stop price, then I see today's short entry and stop price (if I were to enter the trade today). I also see the probabilities and r/r for 'today's' trade, but I no longer get to see the probabilities and r/r for the original trade date.

Periodically while in the trade, I would like to go back and re-evaluate the probabilities from the original signal date and as a result, want to reference those original probabilities. Probably difficult to do, but if possible it would be really helpful.

I think that this is a good idea, but I did not find a nice way to show past probabilities.
The past 200Days probabilities is attached. Maybe you or some other member can think about a nice way to visually present these. I could then make such a presentation part of the Robot Figures.

Pascal

thank you

happy
05-24-2011, 02:52 PM
I think that this is a good idea, but I did not find a nice way to show past probabilities. - Pascal

In a perfect world, I could see the signal page having a 'past signals' or 'past probabilties' hyperlink. Where in the first paragraph on the robot page "the robot has been in short since 5/5/2011", a sentence is added that says "to see the trade probabilities for this time period, click here".

and that link should almost look like the "IWM ROBOT NOTES" page ... where you have a hyperlink for each day and if you were to click on a day's hyperlink it would show the exact screenshot of the iwm robot page on that particular day. So you would get the graphs, etc.

I assume that would involve A LOT of work ... since I assume this would mean creating a new thread each day. Am I correct???

I'm not entirely sure how the forum's operate

mahallow
05-24-2011, 08:59 PM
I like the Excel format of the file Pascal just posted. Is it easy to just add a hyperlink that will lead to this file? And, the file will be updated daily with the history. If you like to see it, you can just down load the file every day.

Lei

admin
05-25-2011, 06:34 AM
For the record, we will be following-up with creating a 'Site Suggestions' forum and moving this thread in there / Thanks!

happy
05-25-2011, 09:41 AM
I was wondering what type of graphic or code is used for the text in the robot sections under

"management of an existing position"
"settings for a new position"
"these are the probabilities for"

although everything opens just fine, I can't get those areas to appear on my blackberry browser and would love to be able to see this when away from a real computer. might just be a setting on my blackberry ... which is why I was asking for the type of graphic or code that is used.

happy
05-25-2011, 09:47 AM
In the GDX robot today, under "Long and short term algo statistics", the following text appears ...

"Today's BUY settings are NEUTRAL. The details are as follows:"

I find this to be REALLY helpful. Makes it really easy to know if one should look more closely at the charts below. Would love to see a one sentence wrapup in IWM robot as well as GDX. Just like you have ...

today's buy settings are neutral
today's short settings are strong
etc.

in fact, even a very simple easy to understand graphic at the top would be even better. maybe the word "long, or short, or neutral", next to a green light, yellow light or red light. Makes it easy to quickly discern the state of the robot signal without having to use too much brain power :)

happy
05-27-2011, 10:09 AM
I was wondering what type of graphic or code is used for the text in the robot sections under

"management of an existing position"
"settings for a new position"
"these are the probabilities for"

although everything opens just fine, I can't get those areas to appear on my blackberry browser and would love to be able to see this when away from a real computer. might just be a setting on my blackberry ... which is why I was asking for the type of graphic or code that is used.

I think this message got buried ... if you have time I would love to try and fix this. Thank you!