PDA

View Full Version : correlation between country based EV and EV listed stocks

sesorensen
05-16-2011, 02:13 PM
Hi – I am new subscribe.

I’ve had a look at the Brazil stocks. It appears that there has been a massive influx of large players over the last week or so. The increase is still under the 0-line though. Does that in itself indicate to stay out?

Looking at the list of Brazil stocks there is not - at least as far as I can see - a clear correlation between the overall increase in the LP and the increase in the volume of the individual stocks. I have not done detailed assessment though. Is there any correlation? Or asked differently – how is the country based EV calculated? From a quick browse large players’ increases and decreases are equally shared among the listed stocks.

Being a new subscriber may indicate that I ask questions that have been addressed previously – in that case I should be pleased for any references. Thanks.

Best
Sorensen

Pascal
05-16-2011, 03:34 PM
The LEV pattern is often independent of the total volume traded in a stock.
It depends on the Buyers/sellers equilibrium.

I confirm that an increasing number of large players are buying Brazilian stocks that have become cheap. It is also probably a good way to hedge a weak US$ currency.

You usually by the sector when the black line crosses above its blue average when the blue average is below 0.

Pascal