PDA

View Full Version : How to subscribe (receive activity notifications) for a forum or a forum thread

admin
05-15-2011, 10:38 AM
You can subscribe to a forum thread by selecting the thread you are interested in and clicking on the 'Thread Tools' popup menu link. The forum software will then monitor activity on the thread and will notify you via your preferred means.

The popup option is 'Subscribe to this Thread'.
This will take you to the User Control Panel with the current thread selected, from where you can set the subscription mode.

You can also subscribe from the bottom of the message editor when preparing or editing a message, by selecting the subscription mode from the bottom 'Subscription' section.

Similarly, to subscribe to all threads in a forum, choose 'Subscribe to this Forum' from the Forum's Forum Tools popup menu.

ernsttanaka
05-16-2011, 06:20 AM
It seems that if you subscribe to a 'forum' you can only choose 'daily email' notifications.

I would like to receive an instant notification to some of the forums.

Is that possible at all?

Ernst

Pascal
05-16-2011, 06:23 AM
Yes, we noticed that and are looking into it.
I believe that we need more e-mailing possibilities into this system.

What we will probably set-up in the meantime is a special notification system for all forum managers to inform their group about a new posting of importance.

Pascal

roberto.giusto
05-16-2011, 06:40 AM
Pascal, Billy, Bob and all the EV staff members,

congratulations on the new website. I am a strong forum believer/user, and appreciate the way data can be organized this way.

Regarding the "instant notification", while we wait for it to be resolved, an easy tool to use to rapidly stay updated is the frequent use of the "New Posts" function (upper left corner), which avoids navigating continuously through forums.

One question: is it now possible to have real time EV data for all tickers?

Pascal
05-16-2011, 06:54 AM
Real-time data for all the tickers is not available.
We do it one step at a time.

Pascal