PDA

View Full Version : Breakout Calculator

marksmithson
08-11-2020, 03:11 PM
Is the Breakout Calculator still available? (the link I have returns a not found page)

Pascal
08-11-2020, 03:41 PM
Unfortunately this software is not available anymore.
It was using a free API from Yahoo to download EOD data, but Yahoo discontinued that API.

Sorry about that

Pascal

marksmithson
08-13-2020, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the reply.

If you still have it around I would be interested in converting it to use other APIs. Happy to contribute it back here if I can get it working.

Is this something you would be open to?

Mark

Pascal
08-13-2020, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the reply.

If you still have it around I would be interested in converting it to use other APIs. Happy to contribute it back here if I can get it working.

Is this something you would be open to?

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your generous proposal.
The real issue is to find a free data supplier for OHLC and Volume End of day data.

Pascal

Pascal

marksmithson
08-14-2020, 03:50 AM
Hi Mark,

Thank you for your generous proposal.
The real issue is to find a free data supplier for OHLC and Volume End of day data.

Pascal

Pascal

Would it work with a download of data from the yahoo historical data pages. e.g. https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/BIDU/history?p=BIDU (web page)
https://query1.finance.yahoo.com/v7/finance/download/BIDU?period1=1565768878&period2=1597391278&interval=1d&events=history (CSV download)

Or is some of the data you need missing from this?

Kenny
11-05-2020, 01:48 PM
Hi Pascal,

I'm a big fan of "Volume In Time", I've just read it last week. I think you're brilliant and innovative.
I appreciate what you've shared with us, especially your thought process on how you came up with it.

I just bought the Pyramid book yesterday and is eager to go through it.
It's a bit disappointing to find out that the breakout calculator is depreciated as the book is tied to it.

I second Mark's offer. It's a shame to just let a useful tool die. I can help as well. Let's upgrade it. Does it just require historical data? There are alternative free sources for end of day data.

Best,
Kenny